Monday, August 2, 2010

A couple more wrist-thingys.



This one is a lot like the first one I made, using this tutorial. Really fast and easy, I could make these all day and be happy. This one was for my friend to take on a little trip to Boston. I hope it had fun in beantown.



For this one, I decided to do something different and make the "scrappy clutch." Hmmm. Not as easy to follow. It was fun to make, but for some reason I had to read thru the instructions about 37 times to understand a couple of the steps. I'm probably just dense though. And I did get to enjoy using some of my new Anna Maria Horner fabric. Love her. 







And yes, I realize that my topstitching looks like the path of a drunken squirrel. What's sad is, this is my second attempt. I had already picked the first one out and redone it- exactly the same result. I guess I will have to keep practicing with harder zipper projects. I think maybe practice makes perfect... That sounds good, I think I'm going to coin that phrase. Ok, consider it coined, I give you permission to spread it around the free world.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the 2nd one! YOu did great. I looked at the instructions when you originally posted it and thought "There's NO WAY i can do that". But, I'm super glad you were able to do it. It's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had much fun in Boston and was utilized to it's fullest. (along with my fun patterned bag). Thanks so much!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very cute, love the fabric. It's sewing over that gathered fabric that makes it a little trickier to keep a straight line. It still looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little wristlets! Very cool blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.